Author Topic: struggling  (Read 311 times)

Offline tsth

• Global Moderator
  • Full
Re: struggling
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 05:42:52 pm »
I believe it's already been implied BUT, you really NEED to read the Bible RIGHT before going to sleep.   I have a daily reading Bible by my bed.  I really like the "read the Bible" in a year Bibles, because they give you a set plan on reading EVERY DAY.  It's laid out by date.  Anyway, I read my Bible EVERY night before going to sleep.  That is the last thing I do before turning out the lights, is have the Word of God in my heart and head.

I TRULY believe that the Word of God is our heart protection...we desperately need it:

James 1: 21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

In His Love,
Suzanne

Something else I wanted to add was in James 1 verses 14 and 15, it is dealing with sin and where it begins....it starts with the mind/thoughts/our own desires and progresses into actions.  This is why it is so important to begin the opposition battle, in our minds as well.  By filling it with the Word of God.  That is why I believe that James 1:21 above, is so vital.  We've got to battle with TRUTH....God's Word is our Sword of Truth, that can defeat any opposition.  Fill your mind and heart with the Word before an attack can even come close to you!

In His Love,
Suzanne

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 07:39:46 pm »
It makes me made for when we are in need of fellow women to up left us, we mostly seeing them act as if struggling with lust is = to being a perve in their eyes.  I have seen those in my own family try and make others them then themselves as if they are butter for not admitting they struggle with it.  They move fast to condem and control men, bullying them and abusing them for struggling with this area.  Forcing them to wear a tags by their own words being spread in GOSSIPING over their family members or friends struggles, inorder to make themselves look like they are on top above others for this very struggle.  Leaving us women not free to talk about this area, leaveing more inslaved out of fear. 
I can say I am hungy, need shaulter, addictied to drugs, but I am in truth more fearful to open my mouth to women about this area, then any other group...lets add being able to talk about being over weight as well.  I cant tell you how many times i have others first steps towords them thinking they are helping me by using judgement!....saying you must have food addictions, or over eat.  REally!  We are pretty nasty to each other and in fact I would dare state that we judge each other on things we have no right to...seeing as we are full of that very same sins.  Ok enough of that....
If we all made a point to seek to help and try to not make that person feel unsafe with us, we would be better off in the long run!  I am exsited about this place being set up as a safe place away from abusive eyes that would only judge, then help others over come!  amen!

Bighug

Offline RoseofSharon

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • Location: This world is not my Home - I'm just a passing through.
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 09:14:48 pm »
 Bighug :inlove: Thank you for saying that, I too am VERY grateful for this place of refuge. It's places like this of nonjudgement that truly uplift and encourage. It's the closest thing to heaven on this earth. Seeing the difference contrasted kinda gives a feel for what the woman caught in adultery felt like when Jesus told her neither do I condemn you go and sin no more.

Sometimes the wounds from other people sting like nothing else, so it's hard to see that some of them mean well, but cannot express themselves very well.
 Bighug agreed :dance:

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 04:19:21 am »

So, then is it agreed on that it is not appropriate the action of  describing explicit details of a fornication or adultery and should "NOT"  be done...  no2
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 05:36:45 am »
I guess it could depand on the words, if ones words are used for a purpose to painting a picture of sin inorder to get others to fun, then yes!!!  I would agree totally, its not diffrent them picking up a nasty romance book. 
I had a moment with a family member on my hubby's side that told me in detail, when I didnt want to know about a show she found her hubby watching, and some acts she found him doing when lusting after another women.  So, at the end of being cornered and told this, I felt sick and sorry for him that she was that way at all.  Some person that I at first trusted to talke about this too, and she then turned others against me with the infomation she got from me, as well as adding her own judgement what I said, say things I didnt say and painting me out to be a pervert.  REally! 
But when I went through marriage counceling befor I got married, my paster made me talk about the abuse I went through, even asking what i ment by ****!  So I used words that ment something other then what happened to me, so that others ended up thinking somehting else then what I ment.  See!?  But in a group that set out to help others from addictions as well as abusive behavor, we talk about it, for once I said what I ment for the first time, I cried, it was like addmitting what happened to me made me stop owning it as my falt, stopping that hiding of family shame just because I was trained to do so for others reputation.  When I told my hubby what happened with the right words, he was able to them help me see it wasnt my fault and that I was deeply loved by him.  Healing through the word of our testimony! 

Now at anytime is any of us went over what would be right, and turned this into a smutt post, report it and let those in charge deal with it!

jumping.....

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 05:42:37 am »
but if this is really about making others unconferable, please dont read on.  It is much better for others to feel safe, to learn how to write about it, and to get the help and support then to ended up changen all this completely and making others feel they arent free to talk about it at all. 

Please be aware my hubby and I started off in worship through Celabrate Recovery...so I know what I am talking about!

Celebrate Recovery - You Don't Have to Hide

Celebrate Recovery... a safe place

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 05:45:43 am »
I guess it could depand on the words, if ones words are used for a purpose to painting a picture of sin inorder to get others to fun, then yes!!!  I would agree totally, its not diffrent them picking up a nasty romance book. 
I had a moment with a family member on my hubby's side that told me in detail, when I didnt want to know about a show she found her hubby watching, and some acts she found him doing when lusting after another women.  So, at the end of being cornered and told this, I felt sick and sorry for him that she was that way at all.  Some person that I at first trusted to talke about this too, and she then turned others against me with the infomation she got from me, as well as adding her own judgement what I said, say things I didnt say and painting me out to be a pervert.  REally! 
But when I went through marriage counceling befor I got married, my paster made me talk about the abuse I went through, even asking what i ment by ****!  So I used words that ment something other then what happened to me, so that others ended up thinking somehting else then what I ment.  See!?  But in a group that set out to help others from addictions as well as abusive behavor, we talk about it, for once I said what I ment for the first time, I cried, it was like addmitting what happened to me made me stop owning it as my falt, stopping that hiding of family shame just because I was trained to do so for others reputation.  When I told my hubby what happened with the right words, he was able to them help me see it wasnt my fault and that I was deeply loved by him.  Healing through the word of our testimony! 

Now at anytime is any of us went over what would be right, and turned this into a smutt post, report it and let those in charge deal with it!

jumping.....

I couldn't agree more Lauren.  The intent is what is the most important.  And I truly think that will be apparent.
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 05:55:04 am »
I must add one more thing here, and then I think I am going to end this!  I  have a big time regrate, that one thing I really wish I could do completely over.  One night when in my foster/ group home for girls, mind you ....all of us girls had pretty massed up lives, and needed help.  But I was on this self rightouse kick, and found the girls that shared my room's was ...well seeing as I cant say the word for offence might be taken...I ended up yelling at her, offended she was doing that when I was in the room, even though in truth she was hidding it and I only being that I could feel the spirit in the room found fault with her.  My foster parents came running and had to come me down from the drama I created with a telling her how nasty she was, and so on, and so on.  Now that the years have gone by, I see what I should have done.  I sould have sat down with her, and talked to her about what was really happening...try and pray with her, not shame her infront of everyone as loud as I could, just because is was nasty.  That is much what those holding the rocks, ready to kill the women chought in adultry.  Tolerance, should bring healing and a forgiveness of sins, I am not talking at all about covering it up but creating a place of safty.  I knew after what I did that it was wrong, I could feel it all over me!  I should have been been like our savor and draw in my durt around me and help her see she was safe, and help her get forgiven.  No one knows what was writen down in the sand in front of those that wanted her dead, but what if it was a simple line?  Saying enough!!!