Author Topic: Learning to Garden Here is my Video  (Read 239 times)

Offline Pamela

• www.awtj.org
    • A Walk Toward Jesus
Learning to Garden Here is my Video
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:01 pm »
It's been awhile, but I wanted to share what I've been up too lately. I am learning to garden and grow fresh, organic, heirloom fruits and veggies. It's been a blast so far and I am thankful to God for having a hubby who can haul the heavy stuff for me.

I am doing a video blog of my progress and the video I am sharing is the 6th update and a test of the new camera I bought so I could make moving pics instead of just using still pictures.

Hope you enjoy!

For more information on A Walk Toward Jesus please visit www.awtj.org

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: Learning to Garden Here is my Video
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:58:17 am »
Hey Pamela!

Thank you so much for sharing your video!! I'm hoping to get started on my own garden this year so I will be following your progress to get as many tips as I can.  :clap:

Offline Pamela

• www.awtj.org
    • A Walk Toward Jesus
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:48:02 am »
Thanks Cizz..

I am following the following youtube channels, they have taught me a lot.

growingyourgreen

webcajun

mphgardener

They are all awesome! I just planted some candy onions and 1015 onions. Can't wait!!!

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 02:15:22 pm »
Okay, I took your advise and googled Ruth Stout and as soon as I seen the words "no-work gardening method"  huh I knew it was for me!!  grin   cz067   :clap:

Read full article:http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/2004-02-01/Ruth-Stouts-System.aspx

My no-work gardening method is simply to keep a thick mulch of any vegetable matter that rots on both my vegetable and flower garden all year round. As it decays and enriches the soil, I add more. The labor-saving part of my system is that I never plow, spade, sow a cover crop, harrow, hoe, cultivate, weed, water or spray.

Offline Pamela

• www.awtj.org
    • A Walk Toward Jesus
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:46:01 am »
Yep, that is how I have to do most things, figure a way to do it by not working, LOL! My back won't allow me to over work.

Here is my latest video on how I brew compost tea for the garden. I made a new video channel entitled GardenNovice. I want to keep my garden blog seperate from my book trailer channel. 

I love Ruth Stouts method. If you search her name on youtube, there are two video's of an interview with her back in the 80's. It blessed me so much. I was so glad to hear her voice and see her property, especially her gardening method in action. I just planted pototes like that last week. I made a video of it, just have to finish putting it together...

Offline Pamela

• www.awtj.org
    • A Walk Toward Jesus
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:26:46 pm »
Newest video...