Author Topic: God does not command us to be pacafists and yet:  (Read 216 times)

Offline ScottT

God does not command us to be pacafists and yet:
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:52:54 am »
So many revisionists like the one at the following link think that He does.

http://heavencoach.com/religious-vision-at-ten-thousand-feet/#comment-48840

I posted the following in response to the article:

>>>
God's people cannot compromise the truth and cannot accept error BUT they also cannot in any way be violent or hurtful to others. They fight a spiritual war and know the war is very individual in that it is YOU versus SIN. Throughout history the world has seen much violence between religious groups, but the world does not know that such religions are not associated with God.
>>>

This is just another lie. Another deceit to control people. You claim your religion is truth, yet you do not allow for people to defend themselves. You corrupt the word of God with your lies refusing to acknowledge the verses in the Old Testament that not only provide for ones self defense using violence, but also does not hold one accountable when put in such a situation that one is forced to take the life of those lying in wait.

That being the facts of scripture, you too like all those religions you are condemning place your pathetic understanding above what is actually written. You too have missed the mark.

Jesus did not resist the temptations of the devil with "as it is interpreted", He resisted those temptations with "as it is written."

When you start looking at what is written, and stop trying to interpret what is written, contrary to what is written, you will truly begin to understand God, and you just might learn something.

Scott A. Tovey

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: God does not command us to be pacafists and yet:
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:45:49 pm »
"BUT they also cannot in any way be violent or hurtful to others"

The writer of that article evidently does not practise what he/she preaches. The article could be very "hurtful" toward some people in certain religions!  huh

There is a difference between being violent and being hurtful toward others, one is avoidable and the other isn't. No matter how hard one tries not to be hurtful toward others there will always be those that "get their feelings hurt." There is not much we can do to change that "effect" and I do think God designed our emotions for a really good reason. I might be doing and saying things with motives and intentions of being helpful and expressing care or concern, all positive stuff, toward another and yet their minds might be interpreting every word and action in a negative. Emotions are our tools for working on ourself and for doing self checks that should have us looking at our own intent and motives as to why we do what we do and expect what we expect..How do you know what your own desires are without looking at them?

Or the author of the article could have intended the word "hurtful" to expand and emphasize their own meaning of "violence", then that would fall back to individuals motives and intent...If we intentionally try to do or say things that are hurtful, is that considered a form of violence toward another?

Brother, I would be the last person you would want to talk with on the examples set by those in the Old Testament. I have great respect toward these characters, but I have little doubt as to their blind motives and intentions for breaking every law that they agreed not to break...My respect comes in the form of "We are not completely useless, some can be used for great 'bad' examples" and sometimes I have to accept that that also can describe me. 

Truth would be that if someone put me in a position, they intentionally try and hide violent motives toward me, I could care less what the bible says, they would be naive to not suspect or anticipate a full return of their own and I would take no shame of it, for I do fully believe the Lord is able to raise all back up, but shame on the one I can accuse of putting me into that position intentionally..

Is that boasting or over confidence on my part, I think not, it is experience of knowing that when violence and attacks come, the victim will always say "what did I do!" and their mind will search any and all causes to make themselves the guilty one and they will spend years grappling within themselves to find all the things they could have done different to have changed being attacked with violence...

What did Jesus tell Pilate when He was in the mist of a very violent attack...who put Him there? What do people say about His second coming? I take that as His second reaction to being put back into such a situation, He will come out roaring the second time, it would be naive not to expect a full return, for it has been deemed and judged that He did "nothing" to cause it...

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 08:46:47 pm »
wow.  I have to reread this one...!
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline greggk

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:15:04 am »
Does God command us to be activists?   :confused0006:

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:42:19 am »
Does God command us to be activists?   :confused0006:

That is a really good question, one that I go back and forth with in my mind trying to argue it from both sides?  :confused0006:

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:30:52 am »
It might help me if I was sure what is meant by "activist" ...

Activism consists of intentional efforts to promote, impede or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change.

I still am not sure!  :what:

We are told to spread the gospel and yet are told to let be at the same time?  Wait!  huh It did just occur to me, the genders...Dang! I forgot about that one!
Okay this is probably backwards and only understandable to me but I will share it anyway. Why do we have only "male/s" in God and the Lord? --"Father and Son" -- no females?  The Lord is the bridegroom (male), the church is the wife (female). females are not allowed to speak and teach in the church...regardless of what flesh says.. female (wives) are to learn from their husband.  I think Timothy had a sense of humor indeed with his egging on of the male flesh to by all means dive deep into that pit and learn your lesson well!  :blink: The Lord does subdue and bring all things under HIM! so all else is female to HIM!  grin  So now how does a husband will leave his mother and father and cleave to his wife fit into that picture? Females are to remain silent when it comes to teaching and preaching, yet it can be used to work for all things and most situations, once joined to HIM the spirit in the flesh can be either male or female..so now I'm back to the same question  :wacko: activists or not?  cz035  :rtfm: shame on you brother for asking such a complicated question in such few words!!  171 Personally I will keep that circle going with each and every situation I come to and just trust He is guiding me in all things I do..or else I would drive myself crazier!

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 08:22:54 am »
Oh wow! We do have the other metaphor of "dieing in Christ"  huh

Which would play out as --"regardless of what flesh says"--anyone that dies in Christ and the Lord will ultimately be Him in the flesh which is male...where did all the females go? Where did the church go? What does it say, "blessed are those invited to the wedding supper" the guests not the ones married?

Rev 14:13   And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Rev 19:9   And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

They both are associated with the saints, one is the patience of the saints and the other is the righteousness of saints...Wait! One of saints and one says of "the" saints..?  :confused0006:

Rev 14:12   Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus

19:8   And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints .

Okay! Chapter 19 is talking about "for the Lord God omnipotent (in all) reigneth." and the white horse and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.  (My previous post of being married as a stance to any situation) Thus judgement and making war...debates and argument's, which some what could be said to be trying to "promote",  which can be taking a step more into trying to "buy or sell" a 'cause' or 'belief' < which is usually done from the stand point of believing one self to be "right" and know "right"...righteousness..

And chapter 14 is talking about "Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come:" (already here, and who exactly is being judged?)

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Losing all gender now! And these follow the Lamb no longer is He considered the Lord...giving up or passing on the authority here..

And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Notice they are not on the throne, sharing the throne or even sitting any where on that throne..

And chapter 14 talks a lot about taking that mark of the beast to buy and sell.. huh and no rest.. <it is not talking about "the saints" in this..

Oh! no wonder the females church is gone...we have a white cloud! and upon the cloud [one] sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Hum, chapter 19 is the treader and chapter 14 is the sickle...
And the winepress was trodden without the city

Rev 1:3 Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.

"for the time is at hand"...not far off into some future time, right now, two metaphors that work for everything! But what sticks with me is that dieing with the Lord, not Christ (dieing to wanting that throne position to Lord over everything) it says,

Rev 14:6 ? And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

What is a pure language spoken in all nations and kindred and tongues and people...We can find God every where in all things, in all beliefs, in all people...To have a GOOD understanding, to look for beauty (God) always in everything, thus we are at the beginning where God looked and judged with saying "It is good"...

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:48:32 pm by cizz »