Author Topic: God does not command us to be pacafists and yet:  (Read 217 times)

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: God does not command us to be pacafists and yet:
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:45:49 pm »
"BUT they also cannot in any way be violent or hurtful to others"

The writer of that article evidently does not practise what he/she preaches. The article could be very "hurtful" toward some people in certain religions!  huh

There is a difference between being violent and being hurtful toward others, one is avoidable and the other isn't. No matter how hard one tries not to be hurtful toward others there will always be those that "get their feelings hurt." There is not much we can do to change that "effect" and I do think God designed our emotions for a really good reason. I might be doing and saying things with motives and intentions of being helpful and expressing care or concern, all positive stuff, toward another and yet their minds might be interpreting every word and action in a negative. Emotions are our tools for working on ourself and for doing self checks that should have us looking at our own intent and motives as to why we do what we do and expect what we expect..How do you know what your own desires are without looking at them?

Or the author of the article could have intended the word "hurtful" to expand and emphasize their own meaning of "violence", then that would fall back to individuals motives and intent...If we intentionally try to do or say things that are hurtful, is that considered a form of violence toward another?

Brother, I would be the last person you would want to talk with on the examples set by those in the Old Testament. I have great respect toward these characters, but I have little doubt as to their blind motives and intentions for breaking every law that they agreed not to break...My respect comes in the form of "We are not completely useless, some can be used for great 'bad' examples" and sometimes I have to accept that that also can describe me. 

Truth would be that if someone put me in a position, they intentionally try and hide violent motives toward me, I could care less what the bible says, they would be naive to not suspect or anticipate a full return of their own and I would take no shame of it, for I do fully believe the Lord is able to raise all back up, but shame on the one I can accuse of putting me into that position intentionally..

Is that boasting or over confidence on my part, I think not, it is experience of knowing that when violence and attacks come, the victim will always say "what did I do!" and their mind will search any and all causes to make themselves the guilty one and they will spend years grappling within themselves to find all the things they could have done different to have changed being attacked with violence...

What did Jesus tell Pilate when He was in the mist of a very violent attack...who put Him there? What do people say about His second coming? I take that as His second reaction to being put back into such a situation, He will come out roaring the second time, it would be naive not to expect a full return, for it has been deemed and judged that He did "nothing" to cause it...