Author Topic: The beast that thou sawest was, and is not  (Read 261 times)

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: The beast that thou sawest was, and is not
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 03:19:10 am »
And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; [and] I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I [am] merciful, saith the LORD, [and] I will not keep [anger] for ever.

Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.

Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: ("parched place")

And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit [it]; neither shall [that] be done any more.

At that time they shall call Jerusalem ("teaching of peace") the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem ("teaching of peace"): neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

Surely [as] a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.

A voice was heard upon the high places, weeping [and] supplications of the children of Israel: for they have perverted their way, [and] they have forgotten the LORD their God.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 03:21:38 am »
Return, ye backsliding children, [and] I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou [art] the LORD our God.

Truly in vain [is salvation hoped for] from the hills, [and from] the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God [is] the salvation of Israel.

For shame hath devoured the labour of our fathers from our youth; their flocks and their herds, their sons and their daughters.

We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God.

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 12:59:17 am »
Sister I so got from this how very much the Lord does talk to each of us in every situation!

It says sinned AND not obeyed the voice of the Lord!

As we have discussed the Lord does tell us...and often others don't understand because it is our situation and He tells us personally!  To me sinning against Him might well be by listening to the human wisdom of those around us who don't understand what the Lord is working!!!
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 02:26:45 am »
It is surprising to me that I have read this book over and over but still when it said "I commanded them to obey my voice" that flew over and passed my head! He didn't say obey my law or my prophet, He said obey my voice and do them, according to all which I command you.

It is a personal relationship with God that can only come to us each from within FIRST! I will say it again that it is beyond me how Moses lead these people out of Egypt by the breaking of every law that they agreed to keep.. It took very little for their true colors and heart to be exposed! Why didn't it ever occur to them that they were following the God that created all things...I would have sit my butt down in the middle of that desert and said God if there is a promise land flowing with milk and honey over there, then I've no doubt You made it, so instead of me going over there killing, stealing and be so envious of them, I will wait for You to make the same here...

I think we have been blessed with a book that gives us the example of people not hearing God within themselves and searching always for Him outside of themselves...The book of Jeremiah says He protested, testified, recorded it for us...

It is a personal relationship for each of us and He is jealous to keep that private and personal with us..Instead we have been taught that God is only found outside ourselves in other people and other things...we have been cut off in that attempt of humans trying to "teach peace" and show the "way"

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 06:17:17 pm »
Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.

Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

"whom Jehovah has appointed", what seest thou?

And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.

rod of iron? rod of an almond tree?   :confused0006: right hand left hand...rod in right hand...rod switch to left...rod in both hands...son of the right hand...????????????? can't tell left hand from right hand? (book of Jonah) goats on one side sheep on the other...They were saved in the book of Jonah because they couldn't tell which is which..???

The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that [were] in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:

Benjamin was taught to fight left handed...use both hands in battle..

don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing?

http://bible.cc/jeremiah/1-11.htm
A rod of an almond tree - Many translate "a staff of almond wood." The vision would thus signify that God - like a traveler, staff in hand - was just about to set forth upon His journey of vengeance. But the rendering of the King James Version is supported by Genesis 30:37. The word rendered "almond" comes from a root signifying "to be awake;" and as the almond blossoms in January, it seems to be awake while other trees are still Sleeping, and therefore is a fit emblem of activity.

Rod....interesting.

Psalm 23:4
Yea thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.  They ROD and thy staff comfort me.

Transliteration

shebet

Pronunciation

shā'?vet (Key)

Part of Speech

masculine noun

Root Word (Etymology)

From an unused root probably meaning to branch off

TWOT Reference

2314a
Outline of Biblical Usage

1) rod, staff, branch, offshoot, club, sceptre, tribe

a) rod, staff

b) shaft (of spear, dart)

c) club (of shepherd's implement)

d) truncheon, sceptre (mark of authority)

e) clan, tribe

vs

Transliteration

mish`enah

Pronunciation

mish?ā?n?' (Key)

Part of Speech

feminine noun

Root Word (Etymology)

From מַשְׁעֵן (H4937)

TWOT Reference

2434c,2434d
Outline of Biblical Usage

1) support (of every kind), staff

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 06:21:26 pm »
Jeremiah - Chapter 2

Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem ("teaching of peace"), saying, Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land [that was] not sown.

Israel ("God prevails") [was] holiness unto the LORD, [and] the firstfruits of his increase: all that devour him shall offend; evil shall come upon them, saith the LORD.

Hear ye the word of the LORD, O house of Jacob ("heel holder" or "supplanter"), and all the families of the house of Israel: ("God prevails")

Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?

Neither said they, Where [is] the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt?

And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination.

The priests said not, Where [is] the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after [things that] do not profit.

Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the LORD, and with your children's children will I plead

Wow sister!  God prevails, teaching of peace!

Only thing the enemy ain't got is love....

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »
Rod....interesting.

Psalm 23:4
Yea thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.  They ROD and thy staff comfort me.

WOW! We have both the staff and the rod...

The rod for correcting which some say for beating, and the staff for support...I think most have turned the rod into the one holding it, like when I was a child I could not discern the difference between my dad and his belt...or his fist! Have you ever seen someone so afraid of guns that they couldn't pick one up for fear of it hurting them..their mind forgets it takes a hand connected to someone to pull the trigger, thus they are terrified of guns..reminds me of the woman saying to the serpent that they weren't even to touch the fruit lest they would die..

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 05:42:58 am »
Amen...and VERY good point!!  ...."Not even touch it"!!!

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 05:46:01 am »

It is a personal relationship for each of us and He is jealous to keep that private and personal with us..Instead we have been taught that God is only found outside ourselves in other people and other things...we have been cut off in that attempt of humans trying to "teach peace" and show the "way"

And still taught that we need to go to some to "get" that!!!

But we don't.  God is real and big enough to meet us each in whatever desert we find our buns parked in!!!  HE comes to us!!!

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 06:48:32 am »
Amen...and VERY good point!!  ...."Not even touch it"!!!

When you really think about it, what did all that fear teaching accomplish? The woman ate the fruit and shared it...what would help someone terrified of guns get over that, take them to a firing range and put a gun in their hand and show them how to properly use one..then pray they don't go shootin everybody that ever scared the crap out them!   cz055

The deed with the fruit is done, so what do you do now? Learn to use it...? Is a simple no escaping that we now know both good and bad...how do we overcome the fear of that..?  :what: We have to ask the Lord the answer to that question...for all the wisdom of knowing good and bad we lack one thing I think, the courage to simply ask the Lord the question that the woman was too afraid to ask...Lord did you deceive me? the serpent implied that the Lord deceived them and left them dumb and lacking in wisdom! Courage to simply speak what the truth in our minds are...I don't want nothing to do with a god that I can not speak openly and honestly with..even if I need to ask Him are you the serpent that deceived me?

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »
I agree.  But the Lord did not deceive them!  They were better off not knowing...just being!  Now that we know we constantly have to do the weighing and choosing to trust!  Takes so much energy!!

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 12:21:50 am »
This just keeps sticking out at me!

Saying to a stock, Thou [art] my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned [their] back unto me, and not [their] face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us.

Saying to the stock...the word stock is 'ets

`ets

a staff, a bone, a branch...

And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise , she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat , and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat .

The woman didn't look at the fruit, she looked at the one "presenting" the fruit...the tree, the 'ets

They are looking at the trees and saying this is my God (my Father) ??

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

That is reversed! From Genesis where the man was put into the garden to dress and keep it...reversed!  :blink: Jesus said His Father was the husbandman...

a husbandman, tiller of the soil, a vine dresser

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Why is reversed!!?  :what: Jesus flipped it around with that!  :blink:

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 05:20:04 pm »
Jesus didn't flip it sis.  We did.  The Lord created us in His own image to be like Him.  With rebellion and sin we gave up that gift from Him so He had to go back to doing it all instead of us being able to do it with Him.

At least that's the way I see it.

Like a parent taking away the car keys from their teenager.  They have to go back to being family chauffer!

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 03:24:47 pm »
That makes sense sister! We do flip reverse everything!

It occured to me this morning to look up the word "touch"...where the woman told the serpent they weren't even to touch the "fruit"..she didn't say they couldn't touch the tree just not the fruit..

That word "touch" is naga`

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5060&t=KJV

I didn't realize it was also used in meaning to strike as in injure and violate..

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »
That is interesting!  She should'a just struck it down!!