Author Topic: Who are the prophets? and what are they prophesing about?  (Read 292 times)

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Who are the prophets? and what are they prophesing about?
« on: November 11, 2011, 04:35:55 pm »
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

What does it mean that the prophets hang on those two commandments?

Jesus said he came to fulfill the law and the prophets...he will fulfill every word of the prophets..

Matt. 7:12  Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Who are the prophets?

Joel 2:28

And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

all flesh....everyone in the flesh...EVERYONE!

What is all flesh prophesing about? most will say the second coming and the tribulations of the world...

Matt. 13:11  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Matt. 7:12  Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

All flesh is prophesing for their own flesh...whatsoever ye would that men should do to you

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
I think our Lord placed high value on leaving us this lesson of "fulfilling" whatever the prophets say...

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

How many times did Jesus fulfil what the prophets spoke? How many times will he fulfill what the prophets say?

Mat 1:22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Mat 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Mat 2:17 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,

Mat 4:14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

There are too many for me to post here...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:33:05 pm by cizz »

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/34_nun.html

CR: נבא Def: A fruit produced from the inside of man. A knowledge of something that is not known by the five senses.

Wrd: נבא (Verb) Xlit: Trans: PROPHECY Def: To utter the words or instructions of Elohiym received through a vision or dream. Str: 5012, 5013

Wrd: נביא (Masc) Xlit: na-vi Trans: PROPHET Def: One who utters the words or instructions of Elohiym that are received through a vision or dream. Rel: One who brings forth the inner fruit. Alt: Str: 5029, 5030

Wrd: נביאה (Fem) Xlit: na-vi-ah Trans: PROPHETESS Def: One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight. Who brings forth the inner fruit. Str: 5031

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
"one who brings forth the inner fruit"  AMEN
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/54_smiths_p.html#prophet

Prophet

The ordinary Hebrew word for prophet is nabi, derived from a verb signifying "to bubble forth" like a fountain; hence the word means one who announces or pours forth the declarations of God. The English word comes from the Greek prophetes (profetes), which signifies in classical Greek one who speaks for another, especially one who speaks for a god, and so interprets his will to man; hence its essential meaning is "an interpreter. " The use of the word in its modern sense as "one who predicts" is post-classical. The larger sense of interpretation has not, however, been lost. In fact the English word ways been used in a closer sense. The different meanings or shades of meanings in which the abstract noun is employed in Scripture have been drawn out by Locke as follows: "Prophecy comprehends three things: prediction; singing by the dictate of the Spirit; and understanding and explaining the mysterious, hidden sense of Scripture by an immediate illumination and motion of the Spirit. "

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Does prophesy ever fail?

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

against such there is no law.

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:24:53 pm by cizz »