Author Topic: food storage ideas List HERE  (Read 118 times)

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
food storage ideas List HERE
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:14:42 am »

Wendy Dewitt -- Food Storage Seminar, Part 1 of 9. "Top 10 Reasons"
As you can see in the title of these videos there are 9 parts to this.
so watch them all.  This is done as well by a morman women, even though we are morman, I still posted this because it is packed with great info. 

I am going to start to post info like this here, so keep coming back if you want more info like this.

Bighug

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
Re: food storage ideas List HERE
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:17:34 am »

Urban Survival - Long Term Food Storage cbcizz024

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:58:54 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZUhtM1DYh8&feature=channel
Country Living Grain Mill
I add this one because you can use this to make the flower you need, and it saves money then trying to start things you name from flower.  Less space required!   cz055
I will add other things too, things you can make yourself.  Noodles, ravioles, breads.

I found some pretty good videos showing that you can by in large bags, cans, and boxes of things from costco, look up survive2day@costco videos. 

pasta yummy!

and

How to make Pasta from scratch in 5 minutes

cat002 do alot of this

and then!

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kTV_02evrk&feature=related

big fan of that one, I got the thing he used to cut it with, found it at walmart!  :clap:  but the rolling pin I have only found here...http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/26347-norpro-ravioli-rolling-pin.aspx?sourcecode=BW3GG3022&gclid=CMXa1PHny6YCFcpU2godVz-AHA

but I made a rather large progiee with my daughter, dont know it that is the way you spell it.  It was yummy though.  But if you can make your own stuff off the things you store, saves space by keeping things simple for what you store, or at less that it the way I think Cz1111 cheese

cat002

:dance:

Bighug

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:21:12 pm »

I love this, got one about a year ago.  trying to get more raw foods into me, feel better when i do Val002 Bighug

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:38:18 pm »

What is the difference between a Spiral & Spirooli Slicer?  :innocent:

this is for those that want pasta and trying to keep the carbs down....like me@ :inlove: grin

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:01:32 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVpIHre2ao&feature=rec-LGOUT-real_rev-rn-1r-14-HM
How to dehydrate and store food PART 1

The videos this women does are jam packed with great info for dehydrating food.  Just another of many ways for food storage! Bighug

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:38:35 pm »
I just got a few things to start mine.  I hite all kinds of things that where always what was the cheapest as I went shopping and just got a few exstra.  It did drive my food bug. much higher...but that was a given.  I shopped at aldi's and that keeps things down.  I got dry milk from there and walmart, to tast them...saving 23c. getting it from aldi's.  But I get twice the amout of milk from using powder then real milk.  My daughter even said she loves it and that it tasts to her just like the real thing. grin  She is really exsited about this Val002

I just made up my mind that I will but as much as I can to what I can get....came home after my hubby started to have a cow....you know we should have some smiles for a having a cow!  Anyways, I and trying to pay for the food storage myself.  So it all prevoked him to brain storm, and wow...the stuff he was coming up with doing. 
It is all pretty fun now.  We started off small, and now have a small list of things to start doing for getting off the grid.  I will have to make a video list of that....coming soon!

to208

I as wall have 3 things I am going to start to use my dehydrater for.  That is exsiting to the both of them as well.

Bighug