Author Topic: What do you say on these verses?  (Read 79 times)

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
What do you say on these verses?
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »
Deut 12:14   But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.

15 Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee: the unclean and the clean may eat thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart.

16 Only ye shall not eat the blood; ye shall pour it upon the earth as water.

In my reading this morning I came across these verses where the Lord is telling Israel  they can eat 'UNCLEAN MEAT as well as clean meat. 
It seems to me that we have missed some things in the bible in our learning about God and the Israelites that there has been times when the Lord has spoke things to them that are outside the norm of what we read.   

One other place is where David took his men and they ate the show bread that was only for the priest and was not to be touched by anyone. 

Matt 12:3  3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was a hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shew-bread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Just wanted to share this with some of you and if you have any to add to this please do!   

In Christ's love
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline greggk

Re: What do you say on these verses?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:30:01 pm »
Act 11:7  And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
Act 11:8  But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.
Act 11:9  But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: What do you say on these verses?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:03:35 am »
I think this point out very well that the Lord don't care too much about what we eat...he made us that way, to nee to....what He care about is the motive of our hearts!!!
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection