Author Topic: When You're Holding A Hammer (Everything Looks Like A Nail)  (Read 83 times)

Offline SEVEN THUNDERS

• Global Moderator
  • Full
When You're Holding A Hammer (Everything Looks Like A Nail)
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:50:33 am »

You have to wonder whatever happened to the 2nd Amendment of FREE SPEECH???  This coach who wrote this song and lyrics was fired from his day job after sending this song on email.  What creative lyrics... very clever.

WHEN YOU'RE HOLDING A HAMMER (EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NAIL)

August 24, 2010
Could this be a Tea Party Theme Song
Russ Steele

"After writing this song and sending out on an e-mail list
a Tennessee middle school football coach was termination for alleged political incorrectness.  I think he has a bigger career as song writer."

SOURCE: http://ncwatch.typepad.com/media/2010/08/could-this-be-a-tea-party-theme-song.html

Conservative song costs coach his job

Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 8/20/2010
Tennessee middle school football coach is looking to the future after his termination for alleged political incorrectness.

Twenty-six-year-old Bryan Glover is a Christian who co-wrote a song called "When You're Holding a Hammer, Everything Looks Like a Nail," which takes a dig at the current administration and what he believes to be the wrong moves for the U.S. He sent a link to his song to everyone in his personal e-mail inbox, which included parents from Grassland Middle School, where he coached football.

"An hour-and-a-half after sending out the e-mail, I got the phone call from the head coach saying that he had had complaints from parents; he was told to fire me," the former coach accounts.

He notes that he was surprised by the allegations against him.

"When the coach first called me, he said his phone was blown up with parents saying that I was being politically incorrect -- quote, unquote -- if you will, and that some of them were even reading into racial overtones in the song," Glover explains.

But he points out that the lyrics make no direct or indirect reference to race.

A number of supportive parents met with the principal and asked for reinstatement, but the school district is remaining firm. The Williamson County superintendent refuses to say why the coach was fired, but he speculates that it could be an issue of how he obtained the parents' e-mail addresses -- even though the e-mail was sent from his personal account.

Meanwhile, Glover says he has read the Constitution and believes he is standing on firm ground because of the provision for free speech.

SOURCE: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1129482

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:54:29 am by SEVEN THUNDERS »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter