Author Topic: In the Earth/On the Earth/Under the earth  (Read 138 times)

Offline whirlwind

• Junior
In the Earth/On the Earth/Under the earth
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

• Something about that wording is making me go..... Cz1111

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

• Dust is...dry earth. Man is the dust of the ground so man is the dry earth before it receives life giving water...living water. Water and earth make clay that He forms into His servants....

Jeremiah 18:6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in Mine hand, O house of Israel.

So, where it is written that Satan was...."going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it" what is being said?

Before I end up going on a side trail, as so often happens to me, my quest in this thread was finding what is meant by Satans' going to and fro IN the earth. Does that mean....his spirit is in some men, for man is earth? We know he can and does do this for it is written....

• Luke 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Both phrases, to and fro and up and down, take place "in the earth," and are often associated with....the locusts. Locusts have four stages of life, a long part of which is spent "in the earth," or "under the earth," where they do much undercover damage without others knowing...until the damage is evident. Sort of like a secret government, one that controls, dictates policy without obvious recognition to the world. They are the king makers (although it is our Father that places all authorities...good and bad).

• Joel 1:4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

If these locusts, undercover men in power, weren't secretive as they did their dirty work then the world would reinstate DDT and kill the nasty bugs. Truth be known, they may well be the ones that banned it in the first place. These locusts eat away at the roots of our government, our freedom, our way of life. Soon...they'll be out in the open. Poking their ugly heads out of obscurity and into the world. Devouring everything in their paths as they take to the air.....

• Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

There we see again that his spirit does enter and "worketh in," some.

• Isaiah 33:4 And your spoil shall be gathered like the gathering of the caterpiller: as the running to and fro of locusts shall he run upon them.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Bullinger writes that "to and fro," as used there, means to apostatize and "knowledge" is calamities or wickedness. So, the verse could be understood as....many shall run in apostasy while wickedness is increased.

• Joel 2:9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

I see these that appear to be as men to be fallen angels...they join the locusts in rampaging through the city, through us...with great deception (causing the apostasy), pretending to be of the city...of us, Christian. This is the time of the great tribulation.

• Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

The saints are His "stones of fire." Satan, the "anointed cherub," at one time, walked "up and down" among the saints but....no more. Now he walks up and down among children of disobedience....

Back to the begining....Satan (was/is now) going to and fro in the earth and walking up and down in it. To me this means his spirit is (in the earth/in certain men) and as he is going "to and fro" in them then he, in them, is causing apostasy. They are children of disobedience. As Christ walks IN us....he walks "up and down in them."

• 11 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

I believe I now understand...In the earth and on the earth but....who are those "under the earth?"

• Revelation 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
Re: In the Earth/On the Earth/Under the earth
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 05:25:26 am »
Good question..whose under the earth...?    well being the dead are buried in the ground...they would be under the earth...right?    grin
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline whirlwind

• Junior
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »
Good question..whose under the earth...?    well being the dead are buried in the ground...they would be under the earth...right?    grin

It is more than that I think.  Much more. 

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 02:38:26 am »

tell me what you think...I am all ears... grin
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline whirlwind

• Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 02:08:53 pm »

tell me what you think...I am all ears... grin

I wish I could but...I'm still pondering.  I know that "something wicked this way comes," and I wonder if the direction is from "under the earth," the same place He tells us locusts come from.  Literal or spiritual?  I don't know yet but something is making me take second notice. 

I will tell you I am a firm believer in UFO's as even before I saw one I believed...for they are described in His Word.  Are they from outer space, another dimension or.....

• Exodus 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

I think we will know soon. 

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:29:29 pm »

• Exodus 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
I think we will know soon. 

We have underground springs...and lakes and we have caverns under the earth that are spectacular in wonders when viewing them...underground oasis in some caverns in the state of Texas where there seems to be an abundance of them..and in various places where the Mayans dwelt ... maybe it is reference to these under ground places such as Carlsbad caverns  that go deep in the ground that is so spectacular many objects/images are made from those materials down in the ground..just a thought.

It might be helpful  to understand Ex 20 more by reading other verses speaking the same thing from our Lord, like Act 17:29

Acts 17:29  Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think the divine being is like gold or silver or stone--an IMAGE MADE BY MAN'S DESIGN AND SKILL.   

In that verse the images are defined as created in man's designs and skill...from things of the earth's materials...like gold, or from silver or from stone...something that man's mind will create in the form of worship...to a god or to the ONLY GOD.

Our Lord is stern in giving that command not to make any image, because the image of God by man's design is an insult to our Lord?...He is a jealous God and does not want to be compared to anything made by man in his image or of any image of anything in heaven...like stars, moon, sun,   underneath the waters would be like dolphins, starfish, lobsters...fish of all kinds...and water beneath the earth carries stones and fish also...and I would believe that is what our Lord is referring to in this image of man's designs   which would encompass the heavens, earth and beneath the earth... 

In Christ's love 

Offline wordarranger

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:59:04 am »
I wish I could remember which commentary I read, (probably 30 or more years ago) relating the locusts as islam, written in the 1800's I believe. I will see if I can find it for you. Right now I am traveling frequently and cannot get to it for a few weeks, I hope that soon anyway.

Blessings to you, this is very interesting thought here. I will be checking in as I have internet.
"No man can come unto me, except the father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 01:46:10 am »
I wish I could remember which commentary I read, (probably 30 or more years ago) relating the locusts as islam, written in the 1800's I believe. I will see if I can find it for you. Right now I am traveling frequently and cannot get to it for a few weeks, I hope that soon anyway.

Blessings to you, this is very interesting thought here. I will be checking in as I have internet.

Wow! you hit it on the nail...I have read in the bible the armies of Ishmael are also called locust as i have read it directly in the bible... I have a bunch of books from out of the 1800's also...but they are mainly of Protestant doctrine and one book of David Lipscomb...these are collectors books..and I would dump them in a minute I was told to go to SW Baptist Seminary which is near me and let them make me an offer...  but haven't yet...

I am so glad you are on here and look forward to your thoughts on things...even if we should disagree I would pray never to offend you as I know you are the Lord's  child also..

In Christ's love
Vickie