Author Topic: The Jews Are Calling the Housing Freeze a Sin And Repenting on the Holy Day  (Read 89 times)

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
1. MKs Seek Forgiveness for Freeze
by Maayana Miskin MKs Seek Forgiveness for Freeze

Members of Knesset from the Jewish Home and Yisrael Beiteinu “confessed their sins” Thursday, saying the Judea and Samaria construction freeze was a bad decision and they were sorry it had begun. Jews traditionally confess their sins prior to Yom Kippur and apologize to those they have wronged.

Minister of Science Daniel Hershkowitz, head of the Jewish Home party, said, “Everyone has their personal introspection to do, but as a minister in the government, on a national level, the greatest mistake was the construction freeze, the decision made ten months ago. We came to the land to build and be built, and also, putting politics aside, it is absurd to freeze construction only for Jews.”

If it weren't for the decision to freeze Judea and Samaria construction for Jews, the government would not currently be under pressure to continue the freeze, Hershkowitz said. “The mistake was that we set the standard that we can freeze construction, that is the sin and the great mistake, and I hope that regarding what we did, the damage can be rectified,” he said.

Israel can repent for the freeze by refusing to extend it despite pressure from the United States, and renewing construction on September 26, he concluded.

MK David Rotem of Yisrael Beiteinu (Israel Our Home) made a similar apology. “We sinned in that we did not sufficiently strengthen our settlement in the land of Israel, and as a result, we did not sufficiently resist the construction freeze. For this we must ask forgiveness,” he said.

Rotem listed other national sins as well. “We sinned in that we did not allow the soldiers of the IDF to protect the people of Israel with all their might. We sinned in that Gilad Shalit is still not home, because we should have carried out a strong, serious operation to bring him home,” he said.

He added an apology to non-Jews who have been mistreated while attempting to convert to Judaism. “I want to request forgiveness from all those who wish to convert, and we create unnecessary obstacles,” he said.

“I want to request forgiveness from all of those I mentioned, and I hope the next year will be a better year,” Rotem continued. He concluded, “We must make every effort to fix things, we may not always succeed, but we must make the maximum effort.”
Comment on this story :

Chapter 7 of Ezekiel speaks on the End of Days, the events to happen to Israel for their sins that must be atoned for.   I encourage the reading of it.  Here is where the Lord said they would loose the possession of their houses which they are fighting for now and the Lord has wrote these things concerning them. By the shedding of their blood by war they make atonement for their sins (luke 19:41-44)

Ezk 7:23  Prepare chains because the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of violence.  24) I will bring the most wicked of the nations (Islam) to take possession of their houses;  I will put an end of the mighty and their sanctuaries will be desecrated.

25) When terror comes they will seek peace, but there will be none.  Calamity upon calamity will come and rumor upon rumor.  They will try  to get a vision from the prophet; the teaching of the Law by the Priest will be lost, as will the counsel of the Elders.

the Day is fast arriving of the fulfillment of these words of the Lord to be fulfilled that when judgments are fulfilled, the renewing of the earth will take place and the kingdom of the Lord will be established and eternal life given.

In Christ's love
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
25) When terror comes they will seek peace, but there will be none.  Calamity upon calamity will come and rumor upon rumor.  They will try  to get a vision from the prophet; the teaching of the Law by the Priest will be lost, as will the counsel of the Elders.

the Day is fast arriving of the fulfillment of these words of the Lord to be fulfilled that when judgments are fulfilled, the renewing of the earth will take place and the kingdom of the Lord will be established and eternal life given.

In Christ's love

Good post Vickie.

The part you highlighted here really caught my attention.  "The teaching of the Law by the Priest will be lost"!!  AMEN to that!  Rather than seeing this a destruction kind of verse, think of it as perfect fulfillment of what the Lord has said so many places!  That never more will a man teach his neighbor to know the Lord.  That He would write His truth on all hearts!!  So they won't need the priests to teach them!  Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets and won't it be wonderful when all Jewish people will truly know Jesus the Messiah?!
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
Thanks Dianne as you pointed out Jesus did come and write his Law upon our hearts, though the context of the what is being said in this chapter refers to the Mosaic Law comes to an end not to even be practiced any longer.

For those in Jerusalem will have it removed forever by the disaster described in Chapter 7 that is coming and then Jesus arriving and setting up his kingdom. As Ezekiel was taken up in vision by the Lord concerning the End of Days and the Lord's words that will be fulfilled and we are in that time the Lord has ordained it
to come to fulfillment...we will hear of it soon.

Ezk 7:1 The word of the Lord says to the land of Israel:  THE END!  The END has come upon the four corners of the Land. 

Ezk 7:5  The is what the Sovereign lord says: Disaster!  An UNHEARD OF DISASTER IS COMING. The End Has COME!  It has roused itself against you.  IT HAS COME!  7) DOOM has come upon you---you who dwell in the land.  the time has come, the DAY IS NEAR; there is panic, not joy, upon the mountains.  I am about to pour out my WRATH on you and spend my anger against you:  I will JUDGE YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CONDUCT AND REPAY YOU FOR ALL YOUR DETESTABLE PRACTICES.   [/i]

Ezk 7:10 The DAY is HERE!  IT HAS COME!  DOOM HAS BURST FORTH, the Rod has budded, arrogance has blossomed!  Violence  has grown into a rod to punish wickedness:  none of that crowd --no wealth, nothing of value. The Time has Come!  Let not the buyer rejoice nor the seller grieve, for wrath is upon the whole crowd. 

Ezk 7:16  All who survive and escape will be in the mountains, moaning like doves of the valleys, each because of his sins...17) Every hand will go LIMP and every KNEE  will become as weak as water. 

Romans 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.