Author Topic: Death...person, place, thing  (Read 110 times)

Offline whirlwind

• Junior
Death...person, place, thing
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:40:25 pm »
Death is a noun meaning, "the cessation of life." A noun signifies "persons, places, things, states, or qualities." The cessation of life is death, a state of being but death is also...someone's name.

• Revelation 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

So when reading Scripture we could/should see the mention of Death as either the ending of life and/or as being the enemy....Satan. One or both could apply. Knowing that consider....

• 2 Chronicles 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

If one doesn't seek our Father then one goes the other way...to death. What does that mean, to be "put to death?" I think both definitions apply. We shall die and we are "put to death," we are put to Satan. We're told....

• John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Although I understand the verse in John to be speaking of spiritual death, death of our souls that we "shall never see," I still ask....how do both verses apply? Is one of the verses wrong? Or, is dying once, as we are all appointed to do, not the same as "seeing Death?" One is a state of being and the other is an entity?

The following about "death" has always puzzled me....

• Revelation 9:4-6 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Why would men "seek death" and how can "death flee" from them? Here "death" can't be referring to Satan for those that seek Satan will surely find him...he won't flee for his arms are wide open.

At first glance I thought the torment was the reason they will seek death, even though that didn't make sense to me. Not only is it spiritual torment, which is great deception but one could always kill oneself to escape. This morning I was given to understand....It is because the death they seek is death to self, the death of our old man, the death of being crucified with Him. Why? Because these seeking to die to self shall be those that "have not the seal of God in their foreheads."

In other words, "in those days" of the great tribulation (which will be like a great spiritual revival, a love fest filled with deception) men will be seeking to die to self, to be crucified with Him but that "death shall flee." They may well believe they have accomplished being of His kingdom but...instead they will have fallen into apostasy...they follow the fake, the instead-of-christ. They will be deceived. They will carry the mark.

• Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

As His children, His chosen...we are "appointed to death." We are to pick up our cross and be crucified with Him. Only then do we live and not get "put to death," put to Satan.

• 1 Corinthians 4:8-10 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you. For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Death...person, place, thing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:08:04 pm »
Interesting thoughts...
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:29 am »
Our Lord is getting you ready as he is the rest of us.....for a time of trouble that we know just as the Father gave Jesus the power to die a horrible death, as the Lord prayed tears of blood in asking if the cup could be removed....yet said the Father's will be done and not the Son's...the Father granted the strength and the power to his Son to do HIS WILL...

Be encouraged all who are His, because if we are called to die we only have to ask our Father as Jesus did and know the strength we need will be given to us all.

This verse shows we will be given the strength:

Rev 12:11  They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of "THEIR TESTIMONY;" They did NOT LOVE THEIR LIFE SO MUCH TO SHRINK FROM DEATH

We have the covering of the Blood of the Lamb and we have the Testimony of Christ and if called to our trust is in the Lord to give us the strength we need just as the Father did Jesus to cross over  from Death to Life forever more... Praise be to our Lord Jesus and Our Father. 

amen. 
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline whirlwind

• Junior
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »
Our Lord is getting you ready as he is the rest of us.....for a time of trouble that we know just as the Father gave Jesus the power to die a horrible death, as the Lord prayed tears of blood in asking if the cup could be removed....yet said the Father's will be done and not the Son's...the Father granted the strength and the power to his Son to do HIS WILL...

Be encouraged all who are His, because if we are called to die we only have to ask our Father as Jesus did and know the strength we need will be given to us all.

This verse shows we will be given the strength:

Rev 12:11  They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of "THEIR TESTIMONY;" They did NOT LOVE THEIR LIFE SO MUCH TO SHRINK FROM DEATH

We have the covering of the Blood of the Lamb and we have the Testimony of Christ and if called to our trust is in the Lord to give us the strength we need just as the Father did Jesus to cross over  from Death to Life forever more... Praise be to our Lord Jesus and Our Father. 

amen. 

We do have His testimony and give our life...but the life we give is our carnal/flesh nature.  Our old man must die, must be crucified with Him in order to live spiritually.  Only then are we One.  I repeat the quotes from the OP....

• Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

The crucifixion, the death of our old man, is spiritual...not literal.  We have taken up His cross and already experienced this death Vickie.  He lives in us now.  Consider....

• Luke 21:17-19  And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls.

Luke 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Isaiah 53:5  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

It was He that took the terrible physical punishment.  It is my belief from these Scriptures that our deaths are to be seen spiritually.  So when I read the following, I understand it as such....

• Revelation 12:11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

It is His blood that allows us to overcome...not ours, not our stripes, our bruises but His.  By the testimony we give, which is His Word, it shows that we have died to self, been crucified with Him...our lives in this world are not loved and are freely given.  That is not such a simple task for part of that is....

• Matthew 10:37  He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Where it is written, "loved not their lives unto the death," we know that "the death" is Satan for he is the subject.

• Revelation 12:9-11 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Our lives have been crucified with Christ....they are not "unto the death," not unto Satan. 

Will some lives literally be taken by unbelievers, by Islamic terrorists?  Yes, they have been and will be but our biggest enemy is from within and it is of a spiritual nature.....

• John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 12:02:39 am »
Hello precious child of our Lord's... cz3310

I do agree with what you are saying ...please don't think  I am not..for it is spiritually we die to the flesh for Christ to live in us...

What I am saying is what is immanent in coming  that as we travel into this birth canal into persecutions that Matt 24:19-10 tell us is the next sign form our Lord it will help us to understand we are going to have to stand against those who oppose us as the time is near when they will think they are doing the Lord a service in their attacks on us..the good news is our Lord will see us through it...and we must endure patiently as this is our time of showing our Lord that we believe in HIM  and HIS power to deliver us out of tribulation...many will depart from the faith when this takes place very soon here  in America. 

We are going to suffer in various ways for HIS NAME SAKE which WE CARRY....and we need to understand this and be prepared for this. :character0009:

Just want to encourage you to be prepared because it is near in coming forth..and then we will be made eternally holy forever and ever..amen...and we will receive the strength we need by asking the Lord for it as we carry his Name and the Testimony of Him by how we speak, act and live our lives in the spirit and it will be hated by all who are not his...this is near to us.

IN Christ's love
 Vickie
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.