Author Topic: Is "intelligent design" science?  (Read 176 times)

Offline Adullam

• Junior
Is "intelligent design" science?
« on: September 01, 2010, 03:41:19 pm »
Should we be concerned that Darwinism is being taught in public schools?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Is "intelligent design" science?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:52:42 pm »
Yes
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 03:21:47 am »
Only if it is taught along with creationism. cz009 If you don't teach both than children will not give
God a chance later in life.  If Satan is talking to them than the Holy Spirt will also be on their
shoulder telling them about creation. grin
Luke 9:48
Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all-he is the greatest."

Offline Adullam

• Junior
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:57:03 pm »
I believe it would be wiser to call the type of science learned in class..."natural science". This type of knowledge is limited to what can be understood with the natural senses. This is better than to panic about the lack of a "missing link" between God and His creation. 
Science means knowledge. We don't need to pit natural science against the science of God. We need to clarify this distinction and lead others to inquire about the "higher" science of God. To someone with faith, this is easily done. But we must not weaken our position by trying to argue against natural things. Who are the foolish ones...we or they?

God has deemed to leave no "smoking gun" of proof of God's natural existence in nature. He has made fools of they who look to the natural world for their wisdom. It takes faith as God intended. We should smile and wink at they who don't get the bigger picture. We should remain confident and let THEM scramble in panic. The fruit of the Spirit is love joy and peace. We should not entangle ourselves in the affairs of this world...much less try to refute them.

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:51:13 pm »
I agree with much of what you are saying Adullam, however, take this article from the news today:

Author Hawking says God not needed for creation
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100902/ap_on_en_ot/eu_britain_hawking

So my only thoughts on staying out of it completely is that children are then being taught that there is no God.  If they would leave it at "natural science" and leave disproving God out of it, that would be a different story.

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 04:01:50 am »

The schools are being designed to lead children into darwinism, sex education in the elementary classes...it is a most destructive setting to be taught in....in my personal opinion.   

godloveu
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 04:41:54 am »
The christian schools are filling up in town.  One christian school is double
packed in each class.  His school enrollment is up.  And where I go for bible study said they
said they added twelve kids today and they only had @ 22.  That tells you something doesn't it
 :clap: :dance: :party0006: to208 :clap: :dance: :party0006: to208 :clap: :dance: :party0006: to208
Luke 9:48
Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all-he is the greatest."

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:42 am »
The christian schools are filling up in town.  One christian school is double
packed in each class.  His school enrollment is up.  And where I go for bible study said they
said they added twelve kids today and they only had @ 22.  That tells you something doesn't it
 :clap: :dance: :party0006: to208 :clap: :dance: :party0006: to208 :clap: :dance: :party0006: to208

today on the news I heard of another teacher handcuffed and taken to jail here in Texas where he was soliciting young 14 yr old girls on line for sex...and he was a coach...more all the time are being busted....YIKES!   

We are in terrible times...

the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline Adullam

• Junior
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 04:42:41 pm »
I agree with much of what you are saying Adullam, however, take this article from the news today:

So my only thoughts on staying out of it completely is that children are then being taught that there is no God.  If they would leave it at "natural science" and leave disproving God out of it, that would be a different story.

Yes, we must fight these evil ideas with all our might. But we must be careful how we go about it. That's what I'm saying. Steven Hawking is a very bad influence. We need to point out the weakness in their arguments. They are backward thinking and foolish to believe that there is no God and creator. They seek to destroy intelligence in the name of intelligence.

They are penny wise and pound foolish.

We need to continually point to the truth with the wisdom from above...not argue natural science. We are to try to reason with them with the mind of Christ.

We cannot entrust the education of our children to the state. Our children must be the leaders of the future. We need to invest everything into them! Then God can unleash them to make a difference in the world. Once we are firmly established in the truth we can penetrate the oikos (household) of the world and devil who runs it and save some.

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 04:50:47 pm »

Yes, we must fight these evil ideas with all our might. But we must be careful how we go about it. That's what I'm saying. Steven Hawking is a very bad influence. We need to point out the weakness in their arguments. They are backward thinking and foolish to believe that there is no God and creator. They seek to destroy intelligence in the name of intelligence.

They are penny wise and pound foolish.

We need to continually point to the truth with the wisdom from above...not argue natural science. We are to try to reason with them with the mind of Christ.

We cannot entrust the education of our children to the state. Our children must be the leaders of the future. We need to invest everything into them! Then God can unleash them to make a difference in the world. Once we are firmly established in the truth we can penetrate the oikos (household) of the world and devil who runs it and save some.

AMEN!  I couldn't agree more!

Offline SEVEN THUNDERS

• Global Moderator
  • Full
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:51 am »

The thing I like about ID is that it is "offensive" and not "defensive" to the Evolution/Uniformitarian Model (EU)  cz2004 and secular science, and thus puts the burden of proof on EU and secular science, whereas Creationism is "defensive" and is forced into a situation of putting the burden of proof on itself.  So for the first time since Evolutionists have abducted science some 140 years ago they are, alas, on the defensive, themselves, due to ID, and in fact, their model is "THREATENED" and they are feeling the heat of extinction.  LOL!  No pun intended!  cz017

In school science curriculums I think a variety of "models" should be examined (EU, Creationism, ID, etc.) and students should be allowed to draw their own conclusions.  In philosophical studies not just one philosophy is studied, but an assortment of key philosophies, same with religious studies, and political science is the same way, not just communism is studied (I hope). cz064

Personally, I believe we are headed towards a MAJOR scientific paradigm shift in which there will be a "scientific revolution".  It will create a vacuum for a new predominant model antithetical to EU to emerge, and I suspect it will be a "Vera Science" (True Science). :character0009: :character0009:

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 01:48:34 pm »
I think YES too! agreed

That is a one of the big reasons we home school out daughter.  AS well they teach it as if it is fact, not what is really is, someones rotten idea to avoid changing their lives so they dont have to be accountable to a G-d like our G-d!!! cz012

:wacko:

This is just as rotten as them thinking it is ok to teach other religions as a way to open the minds of out children, at the same time as they teach that us Christians are durty liers, so the lies are really coming out of their mouths, and I let my child see just that only after teaching her the truth, is ticks her off you know! :innocent:

Bighug

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 01:00:10 pm »
Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
 And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers
 Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
 And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
23 He brings the princes to nothing;
He makes the judges of the earth useless.

The schools are the results of what the people are that created them....ignorant in seeking their maker and...the Laws God set over man.. they have settings in public arenas conversing in their own foolish wisdom of how to make the world a better place....has become man's interpretation of how to live without God.

On Anderson 360 last night...Dr. Phil...the king of educated wisdom this world seeks after of why things happen to our kids....the issue bullying in schools. 

The conclusion  on the matter of bullying....man's wisdom can fix it...  never is God mentioned in the equation...and the schools continue to take our children away from the understanding of the Lord,  as the mindset is developed in our children attending public schools with their curriculum and behavior philosophy of....man's wisdom can fix it..

Never should it be said in the behavior problem of bullying...that repentance from the act is required,  because it hurts others and is against the Lord's Law of love thy neighbor...

Instead they are taught this:  The bully has a home condition that is abusive and the Father is never home...the poor little guy needs to be sent to counseling for help..."men's wisdom can fix it"...method...

in Christ's love