Author Topic: Joy  (Read 65 times)

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Joy
« on: August 19, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »
Psa 27:6     And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

Psa 30:5     For his anger [endureth but] a moment; in his favour [is] life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy [cometh] in the morning.

Psa 32:11     Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all [ye that are] upright in heart.

Psa 43:4     Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

Psa 51:8     Make me to hear joy and gladness; [that] the bones [which] thou hast broken may rejoice.

Psa 51:12     Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me [with thy] free spirit.

Psa 65:13     The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

Psa 126:5     They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Pro 12:20     Deceit [is] in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace [is] joy.

Isa 12:3     Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luk 2:10     And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Luk 6:23     Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward [is] great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Jhn 15:11     These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full.

Jhn 16:20     Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Jhn 16:22     And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Jhn 16:24     Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Act 2:28     Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Act 13:52     And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

Rom 14:17     For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Rom 15:13     Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

2Cr 1:24     Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Gal 5:22     But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Jam 1:2     My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3Jo 1:4     I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Joy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:24:55 pm »
What an excellent post Cizz!

I am reading over these more than once.  SO many of them speak to me, and God has worked with me on learning them, yet still what a mystery!

I too easily get used to just "settling and getting by" waiting for Jesus to come back.
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:24 pm »
Sister, I am sitting here after going through all those verses and wonder, What is joy!  huh    Do I know what joy feels like...?  :what: That's something when you can't really figure out what you consider joy  :blink: I don't know my own definition to that word! You know I will be stuck on it until I give it some meaning!  cz037   2x2