Author Topic: Making something out of nothing, or something into nothing  (Read 158 times)

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Making something out of nothing, or something into nothing
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:28:07 pm »
I did a thread on CF called 'what power do I have but 'nothing'...

Excerpt:  http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=34419&st=12 Post # 13

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name [shall be] great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense [shall be] offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name [shall be] great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

I have wondered at this, 'for my name [shall be] great among the heathen', and I realized, the world puts NO 'limits' on what they call 'nothing'...in fact their minds are open to the un-limited possibilities of 'nothing'. The 'heathen' attributes and believes there is un-limited power to what they call 'nothing' (which is in fact our Lord)

Malachi used 'the heathen' to say to God's chosen people..."they give the Lord more glory in their blindness than those with sight'

Mal 1:14 But cursed [be] the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I [am] a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name [is] dreadful among the heathen.

The world does call what is preached and taught of God...'dreadful'
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:36:29 pm by cizz »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Mal 1:9        And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the LORD of hosts.

Will he regard your persons?

Mal 1:14 But cursed [be] the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I [am] a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name [is] dreadful among the heathen.

Which hath in his flock a male ???  :confused0006: like persons?...like my own understanding and judgment of "what is what and who is who" ???  huh

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
2Ti 2:23     But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Okay, so this verse tells me to avoid "unlearned questions"  :confused0006:  maybe because they do GENDER STRIFES!   grin

To me, only God has the answers and if I want answers, God says learn the question first!  allgood

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Gal 3:27      For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28           There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
I will share one of my questions that lingers in my mind and I keep bring back up in my conversation with God...

"Why is half missing?"  :confused0006: what do I mean by half...we have a Father and a Son, we have the bible built upon or standing on half...like Miriam being half consumed when she was born...

Num 12:12     Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.

Like the earth, half in the dark and half in the light...

Gen 1:4     And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Do I not know that the earth is still whole and intact even though half is in the light and half is in the dark?  grin   goodidea

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Just to clarify!

2Ti 2:23     But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

gender strifes...gender means to beget or cause, bring about. The same as saying what you do or say today breeds what you get tomorrow   :character0009:

But as in our English word 'genders' (male and female) this is what I want to focus on... battle of the sexes!  cz022 I couldn't have picked a more strife filled subject!  :happy:

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Mat 5:9     Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

So to continue with the 'age old strife' and the battling between sexes  cz007  cz022, when we consider how do we make peace, not just keep peace, but make peace...

Reconcile all things..." bring back a former state of harmony"

Eph 2:15           Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;

Eph 2:16           And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Anything with enimity has to be reconciled before there is true peace...

Looking at the word 'reconcile' and seeing that it means to bring back a former state of harmony,  :confused0006: wonder where that former state of harmony can be found? Was there ever 'harmony' between man and woman, male and female in our history?

The world seems to be geared and lead by two questions, "how much do you love me" (prove it to me) and "who gets to rule" , blindness is not seeing how we in every way search the answers to these two questions...not just answers, but the proof of an answer...

My poor Hubby  :'(  Iz always expecting him to prove with his actions and words that he loves me and how much he loves me  :P...Lord says to me, better question to being asking  huh   'do I love him? and can I prove it?'   cz055
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:50:57 pm by cizz »

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Let's start with the proof and proving, anybody can say 'I love you' but proof in their actions will speak differently ...so I'm looking in the mirror on this one!  cz063   cz058

Jhn 15:13     Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

What does this mean? First the word 'friends'...If I lay down my life, I should be doing it for friends...do I have any friends?  :character0009:  grin

Is my Hubby, my friend? Nah! For real!  huh  You mean I can take all those standards and laws concerning woman/female and just >  290   :dance:

171  < answer, NO!  Now the Lord is > cz017 

(Ironic, Abraham's seed is called in Issac, "laughing"  :innocent:)

Okay, so the second thing that stands out in that verse, 'lay down his life'... (and I will let the word 'friends' linger)

Mat 16:25     For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Luk 17:33     Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Mat 10:39     He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Okay, so basically, these verses are telling us to follow our Lord in his methods of proving "how much we love"

Mar 8:34     And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Gal 2:20     I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 5:24     And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Jhn 3:16     For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God so loved the world...do we love the world?

Gal 6:14           But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Jhn 3:16     For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God so loved the world...do we love the world?

If any had noticed the Lord stalled me on this study to bring me about  and I have sat for a couple weeks  doing this >  cz035  cz010

Lord  patiently waits on me to give up what I want to say and write  :whistling:  so I can learn what He says... :inlove:

We are hearing a lot of people talking about, "dieing to self" and I have said this same thing over and over too. In this "dieing to self" most are giving a message that the Lord wants us to prove our love to and for Him, by dieing to self...(I think I have been mixing my own understanding into that cup)   :blink:

We are crucified with our Lord and we are "dieing to self" but I think the words that the Lord used for this dieing is to "lay down" our life...

So let's see how the Lord desires for us to show and prove our love...

Jhn 14:15   If ye love me, keep my commandments. 

Jhn 14:21      He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
What does it mean to manifest Christ and to be crucified with Him...to walk with Him, in Him and Him in you...to do the things He does...

Jhn 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Jhn 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Jhn 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Jhn 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Jhn 13:37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

Jhn 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The **** shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

For the three times Peter denied our Lord...the Lord also asked him three times "do you love me"   :inlove:

I don't see Peter denying the Lord as something he failed at, Lord did tell him before hand, that it wasn't happening! There was still more for Peter to understand at that time...

What did Peter not understand at that time? 

Jhn 13:37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

The Lord does not ask us to lay down our lives for HIS SAKE...He ask us to love the world as God so loved the world and lay down our life for each other's sake...

1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Finally took the time to read all the way through.

This is a really good thread sister.  :confused0006:
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection