Author Topic: Wisdom  (Read 138 times)

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
Wisdom
« on: August 09, 2010, 04:23:19 am »
http://www.overcomerstonewbeginnings.smfnew.com/index.php?topic=236.0 see post #5   cz008  By brother Adullam  grin

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."  (Prov. 9:10)

Knowing holiness is knowing God's love. God's love is holiness...and holiness is God's love. When we walk in holiness, we are walking and abiding in His love. When we walk in His love we are walking in His holiness.

16 How much better to get wisdom than gold,
       to choose understanding rather than silver!

But wisdom is as gold. Wisdom ACTS on a given understanding. Wisdom returns the love to God and to others that one has received. Understanding does not necessarily provide a path for love to flow through. But wisdom does!

In my studies I have seen the following corrolations

Wisdom: gold: love

Understanding: silver: Faith

Knowledge: brass or precious stones: Hope

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Psa 49:3     My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

Psa 104:24  O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

Psa 111:10  The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.

Psa 136:5     To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

Pro 1:2     To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

Pro 1:3     To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

Pro 2:6     For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding.

Pro 14:8     The wisdom of the prudent [is] to understand his way: but the folly of fools [is] deceit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mat 11:19     The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

1Cr 1:24     But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Cr 1:30     But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Cr 2:4     And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1Cr 2:13     Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Eph 1:17     That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Jam 1:5     If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Adullam

• Junior
Re: Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:22 pm »
by your wisdom and your understanding you have made wealth for yourself, and have gathered gold and silver into your treasuries; Ez. 28:4

Offline Adullam

• Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:54:49 pm »
1 Cor. 3:12  If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 04:19:35 am »
Great verses bringing a wealth of guidance to the reader....thanks for sharing...I enjoyed it greatly... Bighug
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline cizz

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 01:20:49 am »
www.ancient-hebrew.org/emagazine/027.doc

By: Jeff A. Benner

The Hebrew verb חכם (hhakham) is usually translated as wise. But, the word wise is an abstract (Greek thought) and we will need to take a closer look at this word to find its original concrete (Hebrew thought) meaning. In order to do this we will begin by looking at the parent root חם (hham) or    as it would appear in its original pictographic script. The first letter,  , is a picture of a tent wall and represents the idea of separating. The second letter,  , is a picture of water. Combined these mean "separate water." The picture represented by these two words is the process of making ch eese (curds) from milk by separating out the water (called whey). The noun חמאה (hhemah) is derived from this parent root and means "curds."

By placing the consonant כ (kh) in the middle of the parent root the adopted root חכם (hhakham) is formed. While translated as wise the more appropriate meaning is the ability to separate out or distinguish between good and bad. The noun חכמה (hhakhmah) is derived from this adopted root and is usually translated as wisdom but in the sense of craftsmanship such as seen in Exodus 28:3; "(KJV) And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom (translated as ability in the RSV), and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship." A craftsman is one who is able to distinguish between good work and bad work or, one who is "wise."

As we have seen the connection between "curds" and "wisdom" is the separating out of something but interestingly there is another connection between these as found in Isaiah 7:15; "He will eat curds and honey (or possibly dates) to know to refuse evil and to choose good." There appears to be a physical connection between curds (hhemah) and wisdom (hhakhmah) as this passage indicates that eating curds can bring about wisdom.

Offline dgbygrace

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »
Brain food!!

Thank you that is very interesting!
The only true work of art is a human soul,
all else is but a reflection