Author Topic: New Thread, How to survive (back to the basic's of life)  (Read 400 times)

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
New Thread, How to survive (back to the basic's of life)
« on: August 05, 2010, 04:08:09 pm »
I started printing off stuff that helps in the end times like making
soap, butter, microwave popcorn in its own bag. how to make tomato
powder, help with a grid or making a solar oven.
Can we start something on making things from scratch?  Not box stuff
but from scratch. Some people on here don't want to stock up
but I think God also gave us a brain to use to help feed others.  :clap:
Luke 9:48
Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all-he is the greatest."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
I think that is a great idea.  I love info about getting off the grid. agreed

I would  love to see a place started for all of this. 

Bighug

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
I liked the one about making butter, they said the kids can do it. 
I just need to find out where to get the cream
Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all-he is the greatest."

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
Ya, I want to buy my own goats for getting my butter and milk from.  they cant take care of the grass in my yard at the sametime grin!!! :party0006:

cheese

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
yea, well there will not be any grass if the heat doesn't let up
:cool0010: hot time on the farm.   

Bighug

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
Same here, we are low on rain, but it is humid here.  So hot and humid is nasty! I am sweeting setting down, drinking lots, and I think because I want water rich foods I have lost weight  grin

the water company here has claimed we have used twice as much water then we normally do, so  my hubby and i pulled the water drainage out of the house A.C. and are getting the water that just goes right out of the house and using that to flush the tolites, wash the Dogs with, and I even got enough to take two baths.  I still get more water then that but have no where to but it all.  So I am going to go out to w.mart and get a barrel to but all the exstra water I save and but it into that. I just want to see Just how much water over time we are losing down that pip in the ground that we make on our own from the running of the AC.  So, i was also running through my brain, the other ac is down on the back of the house and we are running a much smaller one so cool off that part of the house.  I was thinking we might have the use of most of our water just in those two things and the cooling of our house would be much better that way!  I like keeping more of my own money, thank you! cz012

We have also been looking at getting our rain barrels.  I told my hubby if we getting the stuff to make our own , one each month, is a few months we could save enough to get the water completely shut off, taking off one of our bills completely.  Most people can do just that if they make their minds up to do so!  It is all in the management of how you use the water you save.  I found finding ways to double use the water is a good thing.  Like I save our showwer water, my hubby thought that was going over board, started backing me up when I flushed our tolet over and over again many times with just his shower water alone.  I washed the pats in my bath water, and cleaned the bath room in my daughters water, and cleaners.  I am waiting for our first bill to come back and see how much water we have saved just this week. 

our biggest struggle with the water thing was the tolets leaking over and over again, because of the stoppers.  they dont make them like they use to. 

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
I know about the stopper, I have bought two and they both let water through.
I'm surprise on the water company, water being low since you live in Flordia
where there is water.  I lived in the country for 13 years and I had a well and
boy I know what those days were like. notfair   I had to reuse my water when
washing close so mom gave me her old ringer washer.  I hate to say it but I
just loved it.  Our clothes were so clean for reused water.  Again it is time to get
back to the basics of life.  Don't forget to use a little clorox when
you have to reuse water.  I will put your water on my prayer list.
I have a pool that hasn't been fixed this year, two guys from church was to
come over this week and do it but it didn't happen yet.  I think if things go
down I will use it.  I know farmers bought these really big plastic tanks that
looked like 5 gal jugs, square, and had water brought in and filled those and it
keeped them for the summer to live on.  Maybe if you but an add in your paper
that you need a water holding tank free, maybe God will give you one. grin

Bighug

Offline peacemaker

• Global Moderator
  • Full
  • My hubby and daughter
wow, never thought of it all that way.  Not a bad idea at all to post in the adds you need one.  I am wanting to move from here closer to our church.  We are being asked to be shelter parents for a shalter.  So If that lines up with where G-d seems to be takeing us we will be there soon.  They found a house that are looking at.  So Pray and I will post what is up soon!

Hugs!

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
Sorry, I didn't get back to you but I don't need the big jugs I was just sajusting it to you. grin
I live in the sub-burb and they will not let us have them here that is why I will use the pool.

I have been gone for, four days.  My bestfriend/sister from N.C. had to fly in to Cleveland Ohio
to get her mom out of a rehab home and move her to NC by Sat.  Well she asked me to help her and when I went into the house her mom had vitamins from the attic to the basement. :what:  :confused0068:  My sister had to get her mom's house ready for an auction and he told her all the meds that she also stashed even in the tool box had to go before he would even come so I spent four days de-drugging the house and pack her stuff.  I had to check
tje dates on all meds and vitamins for she mixed them all through the house cz062 a102 cz018  :confused0068:  The house was so dirty and I had to  Zzz sleep in it and we had to eat
at supway for two days for I had gift cards and boy I am so tired and so sore.  We were up until two at night and back up at 7:30am   :sad0116: :confused0064: cz062  and them I had a 4 1/2 hour drive home, ALONE.  I think she spent thousands of dollars just in vitamins how sad.
SO, pray for me for I am hurting really bad my fibromyalgia is really bad.

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
How to Make Butter From Whipping Cream or Heavy Cream
  (two ways)

Things You'll Need:
                                                                    Or
•Whipping cream or heavy cream                                  Mixer and bowl
•Salt                                                                        Heavy cream/whipping cream
•wide mouth quart jar with a tight fitting lid                  Salt
•Small colander with small holes                                  Small colander with small holes
•Small container with lid                                             Small container with lid
_________________________________________________________________________________
First Way

Step. 1
Set your cream out for a few hours before starting. Once you have let the cream sit out for a few hours fill your jar half full of cream and don't forget to screw the lid on tightly.

Step. 2
Hold on to the jar by both ends and shake vigorously for about 15 to 20 minutes. Your hands will get tired, but it will be SO worth it! You will feel the cream thicken as you shake. You will know the cream has turned to butter when it has the mass of a small ball.

Step 3.
Pour the ball out into a colander so you can wash the excess cream off. Rinsing it with cold water will help too. Mold the butter into a small container with a lid and add a pinch or two of salt. Now you have homemade butter to enjoy, and you will never forget the taste!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Second Way

Sept 1.  Put heavy cream in a mixing bowl, and salt to taste.

Step 2.  Mix on high, it will seperate and get as hard as butter.  You will know you are
done when it forms a ball and the water seperates.

Step 3. But the butter in colander and push it down until all the water comes out of it. or use a cheese cloth.

Offline me2lord

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
I don't think it hurts to have food in your house and some stored up...but at the same time the Lord said why do we worry about what we will eat or drink

Matt 6:25  Therefore, I (Jesus) tell you, do not worry abut your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear  is not LIFE more important  than food and the body  more important than clothes?

When we look to please the Lord everyday, and this takes faith which each of us have, we just need to implement it on this time coming when captivity will come as this is a part of the plan of God.   Our Lord knows what he has prepared for each of us to bring us through this time of trouble he is sending on the  people who have been disobedient to Him.   

None of us have been perfect, but  remember, we have been faithful in caring for others, giving to others and turning away from the acts that bring death.

We are to seek LIFE in this time of trouble and we will do so by our faith in our Lord whom we TRUST to help us through.     He says do not worry about what we will eat or drink....Moses went forty days, not once but twice without food while he was before the Lord with the ten commandments being inscribed.  Of course he did two sets because he broke the first and went back up the mountain of God and had to be fasting again....it is in the scriptures. lol

We don't need food when we have the Lord,  he can make one ounce of oil and flour last for 3 and half years, right?  he did this with the woman and Elijah..

Now we are the children of God and he is not going to take us beyond what we can handle in the sense of hardships because of the land we are in and the trouble that comes upon it by him....there was famine in the land sent by God when Elijah was upon the land...he took care of him and a woman who found favor with the Lord and she was not even an Israelite. 

Be encouraged as the world becomes very chaotic remember the Lord has told us ahead of time about these things and he would not have told us if we where not important to him...it is ground we have not traveled on before but with the Lord with us...and our trusting him....we will be in good hands and will see the Lord come...he promises us this.   

IN Christ's love
Vickie
the father said he was sending the tribulation through the seed of Ishmael  and they are camped around us now.  Trust the Lord in the times of trouble that is near to all of us.   The Lord is coming.

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
Oh, Vicky I'm not worried about food, clothing or other things.  I am worried about my love ones that will
be searching for things.  I am writing in my manual about finding God and excepting him into you heart and how
to do it.  Leaving bibles in different area's and how they are going to go throw the trib's.  My family doesn't believe
what I am telling them, they think  I am crazy and everything is normal.  I know the Lord will feed me and take care
of me.  I worry about the church, the pastor isn't talking much on anything and we can't have revival until people open their eyes.  Everyone knows I get on here but they shake their heads and think I am nuts and I don't even preach to them. :what:  My family except my children believe that if they just go to church and give money to a carpet fund than they will go to heaven for they did good works, it's a shame.

Love
Lilly   Bighug

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
Fried Grasshopper Recipe

Good Enough for John the Baptist
of course,he liked his grasshoppers dipped in honey.

Grasshoppers, by the way, are an excellent source of protein.

Charles Griffith's Fried Grasshopper Recipe

First, catch a bunch of grasshoppers and leave them in a jar overnight to purge (if you're finicky). Then boil them for ten minutes, after which you can easily remove the large legs, and wings, too, if they are also large.

Next, in a bowl, beat one or more eggs, depending on how many grasshoppers you have, to which you add the little critters after removing the legs and wings.

Then put the beaten-egg-covered "hoppers" in a paper sack or plastic bag which contains some yellow or white cornmeal and shake.

Next, place the egg and cornmeal-covered grasshoppers one by-one into a small frying pan with an inch (2.54 cm) of hot cooking oil and fry until golden brown.

After cooking, remove the hoppers from the skillet and place them on paper towels to soak up any excess oil.

Our family experimented by eating them plain, and dipped in mustard, catsup, horseradish, or honey. We could have tried lots of other dips, too, I suppose.

We liked them best with honey; small wonder, we have heard that the "honey and locusts" that John, the Baptist, ate, was really a mis-translation of "honey and grasshoppers." Can anyone verify that?

Anyway, eating them fried and without any honey or catsup, etc., they tasted something like fried okra. We liked them well enough to have had them several times now.

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
How to Make Ketchup

It's probably never occurred to most people to make their own ketchup, but by doing so you can achieve a distinct and unique flavor. See Tips for ideas on customizing this recipe. Makes between 2 and 4 c., depending on tomatoes and cooking times.

Difficulty: Moderately challenging

Instructions.Things You'll Need:
•5 lbs. very ripe tomatoes
•1/2 c. white vinegar
•1 tbsp. salt
•1/4 c. sugar
•2 cloves garlic
•1/2 c. onion
•1 tbsp. black peppercorns
•1/4 tsp. ground allspice
•1/4 tsp. cinnamon
•1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
•1/2 tsp. ground ginger
•1/2 tsp. garlic powder
•6 cloves
•Groceries
•Food Processors
•Saucepans
•Strainers
•Saucepans
•Strainers

1.Stem and roughly chop the tomatoes and place them in a nonreactive pan.

2.Add half the vinegar and a few pinches of the salt and bring the mixture to a boil.

3.Cook for 5 minutes, mashing with a wooden spoon.

4.Strain the liquid into a saucepan without pressing on the solids.

5.Press the solids into another saucepan by forcing them through the strainer, leaving the seeds and skins behind. Rinse the strainer. You can puree the tomatoes before straining, if necessary, but they should be soft enough to press through the strainer screen.

6.Stir the sugar into the solids.

7.Add all the remaining ingredients to the liquid.

8.Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until very syrupy.

9.Strain into the solids, and bring to a simmer, stirring well. Simmer for 5 more minutes or until the desired consistency is reached. Puree with a hand blender, food processor or blender if necessary.

10.Taste and adjust the seasonings. The mixture should be sweet and faintly tangy; if more tanginess is needed, sprinkle in some vinegar.

Watch the mixture carefully as it cooks, because the sugar will scorch and burn if it reduces too much.

Offline child of mine

• Full
  • It's time to fly
How to Make Ketchup

It's probably never occurred to most people to make their own ketchup, but by doing so you can achieve a distinct and unique flavor. See Tips for ideas on customizing this recipe. Makes between 2 and 4 c., depending on tomatoes and cooking times.

Difficulty: Moderately challenging

Instructions.Things You'll Need:
•5 lbs. very ripe tomatoes
•1/2 c. white vinegar
•1 tbsp. salt
•1/4 c. sugar
•2 cloves garlic
•1/2 c. onion
•1 tbsp. black peppercorns
•1/4 tsp. ground allspice
•1/4 tsp. cinnamon
•1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
•1/2 tsp. ground ginger
•1/2 tsp. garlic powder
•6 cloves
•Groceries
•Food Processors
•Saucepans
•Strainers
•Saucepans
•Strainers

1.Stem and roughly chop the tomatoes and place them in a nonreactive pan.

2.Add half the vinegar and a few pinches of the salt and bring the mixture to a boil.

3.Cook for 5 minutes, mashing with a wooden spoon.

4.Strain the liquid into a saucepan without pressing on the solids.

5.Press the solids into another saucepan by forcing them through the strainer, leaving the seeds and skins behind. Rinse the strainer. You can puree the tomatoes before straining, if necessary, but they should be soft enough to press through the strainer screen.

6.Stir the sugar into the solids.

7.Add all the remaining ingredients to the liquid.

8.Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until very syrupy.

9.Strain into the solids, and bring to a simmer, stirring well. Simmer for 5 more minutes or until the desired consistency is reached. Puree with a hand blender, food processor or blender if necessary.

10.Taste and adjust the seasonings. The mixture should be sweet and faintly tangy; if more tanginess is needed, sprinkle in some vinegar.

Watch the mixture carefully as it cooks, because the sugar will scorch and burn if it reduces too much.

[/quote]